Created Date: July 13, 2023
Leadership: Mid-Level Leadership
This position will be a key member of the accounting team and perform key accounting duties and will assist in the management and oversight of the department. As well as the duties described below, a key component of this position is collaboration with many different teams/personalities and as such this individual must be a team player with a consensus building personality. A key responsibility of this position is to record and present accounting information in an accurate and informative manner.
Construction accounting experience is required.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Banking responsibilities as well as bank reconciliations
- File and pay all tax requirements across all states
- Maintain and post monthly job costing entries
- Monitor deviations from estimated costs and provide input on corrections
- Work with external auditors to compile information needed during audit
- Work with Project Managers by providing accounting reports and other project-based information
- Perform various tasks related to payroll
- Strong knowledge of internal controls
- Coordinate with construction team on upcoming projects, budgets, and deadlines
- Software implementation/training
- Other projects assigned as needed
Creates open channels of communication across all levels of the organization. Communicates in an honest and respectful manner. Ensures regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility. Willingly listens to other people’s concerns and demonstrates genuine interest and empathy.
- Communicates in an open, candid, and direct manner; accepts criticism openly and nondefensively.
- Provides current, direct, complete, and actionable feedback to others; does not hold back.
- Transparently addresses roadblocks or challenges, not allowing issues with team members to escalate.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting and experience in project construction accounting is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel software is a plus.
- Detail oriented with clear/consistent focus on the accuracy and completeness of work.
- Initiative and proactiveness will be key. There must be a willingness to learn and grow
- Integrity-Demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values; protect confidential information
- Communication- Able to clearly express ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner.
- Adaptability- Able to adapt to changes in situation, direction, or people; adjust to needs of others without losing self-esteem.
- CPA is a plus
- Experience with month-end close and working with external auditors is a plus
- Problem Resolution-Able to use systematic techniques to define problems, options, and solutions; evaluate alternative solutions
- Responsiveness – Need to perform responsibilities with an acute sense of urgency to meet the needs of others; respond to solve problems; able to work outside the core business hours when needed and willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this
- Organized – can’t let things fall through the cracks